If you are wondering if you have a mother wound, then this How- To guide on the Mother Wound will walk you through some steps on overcoming the mother wound.
What is a Mother Wound?
The mother wound is trauma that a mother experiences from childhood and passes on that trauma onto her own child. Mother wounds can develop early in the womb and in the early years of a child’s development. After conception, a fetus can experience a mother’s emotions such as rejection, fear, or love.
If a mother does not want a child early on in her pregnancy or uses words of rejection “ I don’t want this kid” or “what am I going to do with my life now?” your child can sense this in the womb. This can develop a mother wound and a spirit of rejection. The spirit of rejection is when a child feels the rejection of a parent and is not able to experience or receive love. It can negatively impact your child’s development and can manifest itself as a rejection mindset.
How do I know if I have a mother wound?
Signs of mother wound
- Feeling isolation and loneliness
- People pleasing
- Self-sabotaging of relationships
- Strong ruminations or intrusive thoughts of mistakes you made
- Constantly seeking the approval of others
- Fear and anxiety of abandonment-
- Hypersensitivity to correction from authority figures or close friends and family
- It is often difficult for you to see yourself in a positive light. Your mistakes define you
- You compare your achievements and success with others
- Feelings of guilt and shame
- You don’t believe that you deserve love or the good things in life
- Living a performance based lifestyle- “nothing is ever good enough”
Mother Wounds can manifest in these 5 type of open wounds:
- You can encounter a mother wound in the womb ( in utero),
- Through narcissistic abuse from your mother when she raised you.
- From your own mother’s sexual trauma that may have been passed down to you
- Any verbal abuse that was used to inflict harm to your mind and heart.
- Abandonment wounds
How do you deal with a mother’s wound?
The path to healing the mother wound takes time but there are ways that you can parent mother wounds with the help of the Holy spirit. The Holy spirit is the nurturer and has the qualities of a mother. Scripture says “before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5. God knew you before you were born and when you were in your mother’s womb, He already had wonderful plans of who you would become. He loves you as a mother and will nurture you to be whole, redeemed, and completely brand new.
Healing from mother wounds is a slow process that takes embracing a deep internal work from God.
If you you would like to learn how to heal the mother wound then begin with a detachment from the mother wound prayer. You can pray a simple prayer like this:
Steps to overcome mother wounds
- Attach to the Father’s love for you with the help of the Holy Spirit ( the comforter)
- Set Boundaries
- Learn Who You Are Without Your Mother
- Learn to self-soothe in healthy ways
- Do not fear abandonment or rejection
- Avoid self judgment, self- criticism, and comparisons
- Do not fear man or approval of others
- Prayer journal about your mother wound. Check out these prayer prompts HERE
Learn more about these steps here: How To Heal The Mother Wound In 8 Ways
Deal with root issues
- Generational Issues: Mothers that pass on mother wounds onto their children usually have experienced trauma from their own mothers. Discover the root generational issue that affected the women in your family.
- The Mother’s childhood experiences:Signs of Childhood Trauma to Look for in Adulthood
- Children Inherit the Trauma:Childhood Trauma in Adulthood: How to Heal
- The Mother Daughter Relationship: Stop the generational cycle of trauma and mother wounds. Heal and nurture your relationship with your daughter by:
- Learning How To Heal The Mother Wound In 8 Ways
- Breaking generational curses
- Healing from Soul Wounds
- Stopping Toxic motherhood:Nurture a healthy Bond
- And finally Nurture Faith
Learn more: How To Discover The Mother Wound-Root Issues To Overcome
Heal from Mother wounds so that you will not pass unhealthy patterns of beliefs and behaviors to your daughter.
Mothers Crowning Daughters
You can begin a new legacy of redefining the “mommy and daughter relationship”
Heal mother wounds and trauma.
Pioneer change today!